To come to Goongerah
People are always welcome to come to Goongerah and help with the campaign. There is no “environment centre” as such any more. People usually camp at the Goongerah campground, on the beautiful Brodribb River. If you want to find out more about how to help, email or facebook us.
- bring your own camping gear.
- East Gippsland is a cool climate, high rainfall area. Please bring wet weather gear, warm clothing and warm bedding.
- If you are coming alone or in a small group and plan to go out into the forests bring compass, maps, GPS and wet weather gear. These items are essential.
- Access to the Errinundra National Park and surrounds is extremely limited (locked gates on all roads) due to weather conditions, between the months of May to October. Road conditions are available from regional DSE offices (Bairnsdale, Orbost, Cann River, Bendoc) in Victoria.
- If you can't come to Goongerah, donations are very welcome. Of course, there is heaps to do wherever you are. Contact your local environment group to find out how you can help.
How to get there
We are situated at the base of the Errinundra plateau in the mountains of East Gippsland 70 km north of Orbost on the Bonang Highway.
Driving from Melbourne
Driving from Sydney
Vline operates a train and bus service from Melbourne to Orbost see www.vline.com.au
From Orbost you need to arrange a lift to Goongerah (contact us) or try your luck hitchhiking
From Sydney or Canberra
Countrylink operates a bus service from Sydney to Bombala via Canberra -
Vline and Premier operate bus services to Orbost from Sydney -