Due to the fires in East Gippsland we'll be directing funds and efforts to scouting and assessing fire damage in reserve areas (once it is safe to do so), surveying for animals affected by these fires and ensuring the remaining unburnt forest in East Gippsland is protected as important refuges for wildlife.
You can also donate to wildlife shelters in East Gippsland that were impacted by the fires. They will need funds and resources to be able to provide shelter, food and care for wildlife in the wake of the catastrophic fires.
We are a tiny grassroots organisation who run on the smell of an oily rag! But we sure do get bang for buck.
Despite operating on a tiny budget, we've managed to save thousands of hectares of forest from logging.
Your donation to GECO goes directly to protecting East Gippsland's forests.
GECO is a member group of Friends of the Earth Australia.
Donations to GECO via FoE are tax deductible.
We use donations to:
- Purchase and maintain survey equipment
- Publicly promote East Gippsland's forests by producing campaign materials like brochures, postcards and guides
- Conduct research
- Purchase required resources to carry out our citizen science activities and organise survey camps
- Pay for online campaign services such as our website and data base
- Conduct awareness raising activities in the forest and cities
- Support our sole part time campaigner with a very modest wage
Thanks for your support for the forests.
Tax deductible donations via cheque or money order should be made out to 'Friends of the Earth Australia' and can be posted to PO Box 222 FITZROY VIC 3065. Please include a note specifying that you wish to support GECO's work.
Don't like using your credit card online?
You can make a direct deposit into our bank account, details below (note direct deposits into the GECO account are not tax deductible)
Goongerah Environment Centre
BSB: 063731 ACC: 10036997