We are a tiny grassroots organisation who run on the smell of an oily rag! But we sure do get bang for buck.
Despite operating on a tiny budget, we've managed to save thousands of hectares of forest from logging.
Your donation to GECO goes directly to protecting East Gippsland's forests.
GECO is a member group of Friends of the Earth Australia.
Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
We use donations to:
- Purchase and maintain survey equipment
- Publicly promote East Gippsland's forests by producing campaign materials like brochures, postcards and guides
- Conduct research
- Purchase required resources to carry out our citizen science activities and organise survey camps
- Pay for online campaign services such as our website and data base
- Conduct awareness raising activities in the forest and cities
- Support our sole part time campaigner with a very modest wage
Thanks for your support for the forests.
Tax deductible donations via cheque or money order should be made out to 'Friends of the Earth Australia' and can be posted to PO Box 222 FITZROY VIC 3065. Please include a note specifying that you wish to support GECO's work.
Don't like using your credit card online?
You can make a direct deposit into our bank account, details below (note direct deposits into the GECO account are not tax deductible)
Goongerah Environment Centre
BSB: 063731 ACC: 10036997